Monday, July 11, 2011

Smartie Pants makes Cents

Today, Clo and I took some of her outgrown clothes up to the local children's resale shop.  Smartie Pants, located on Bagley Rd. in Berea, is a great little place for parents and their kids.
The whole concept behind the store is to sell gently used clothing, toys, and other children's items, as well as to buy upcoming season apparel.  I took in a bunch of clothes, and came out with a nice little chunk of change!  You can also turn right back around and use that money to purchase clothes, school uniforms, books, or baby items that you might need.
Clo and I usually give her old clothes away, or donate them to the Salvation Army, but this season we decided to give Smartie Pants a shot.
The owner was very friendly, and remembered us from our previous visit to her store. She accepted our  box of clothes, and promised to have them sorted within an hour.  Sure enough, I received a call from her less than 40 minutes later, with an explanation as to what she decided to keep, and the total amount of the sale.
We stopped back to pick the clothes up a short time later, and walked away with some piggy bank (or ice cream truck!) money for Chloe, and the rest of her clothes, which I will bring back when they are buying for winter.
I love the concept of this store. The clothing items are all around $3-5 dollars (some more, some less), and the store isn't cluttered with clothes from every season, like you might find at a thrift store or other second hand shop.  There are strollers, books, toys, crib sheets...you name it, they have it!  A fantastic place for parents on a budget.
And for people like myself who buy far too many clothes for their child (I just found at least half a dozen shirts that she outgrew, still with the tags on) this is a great opportunity to make a few dollars for yourself or your child. No sense in letting all those clothes go to waste.
The best part about the store: all the clothes were clean and fresh.  They don't just accept any old item here. Even though a dress might only cost $5, you know it is quality and it will last until you are ready to bring it back to Smartie Pants next season!

You can find Smartie Pants here.

***I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own. I just wanted to share a great place I found near my home, with other parents in the area.***

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I need to scope out the chi-town area for something like this!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. or.....go with me next time you are in town! =D

    ReplyDelete