Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Potty mouth

So, another post about how I may or may not be crazy.

Yes, I already know that I am.

But here is further proof:

Baby girl is a year and a half already.  But she is *only* a year and a half.

And guess what?

We are starting potty training!

I never thought we would start so early, but it seems like she is ready.

About a month or so ago, C lo was running a pretty high fever again, and the dr. couldn't find any reason for it, other than the usual "it's a virus" guess.  It's always a guess.  But then again, it is always a virus, so...*shrug*.....who knows.

Point being, I asked the dr. to run a urinalysis on her because every time she would pee in her diaper, she would grab her crotch and start crying.  I thought that maybe it hurt.  That would be a valid conclusion, based upon how she was acting.  But nope.  No infection.  She was fine.

The fever went away, as it always does

(i blame the molars)

and she continued to cry and grab at herself every time she had to pee.

And then she said THE CUTEST THING EVER.

Yes, I know she is my kid so I am biased.  A bit.

But it was THE CUTEST THING EVER!

She told me "pee pee crying" when she started to go.  It sounds more like "pee pee kay-ing" and she says it in this saaad voice, which just kills me.

PEE PEE KAY-ING!!!

And from there, everything started to fall into place.  Now she tells me when she is peeing, she recognizes when she has to poop, and even tells me AFTER she is all done.  Holy mama jama, do I have a smart kid! <----biased

I now have a little potty trainer that sits in the family room, and have let her run around diaperless here and there, and even got her to sit on the potty, push that little belly in, and grunt grunt grunt!

Nothing yet, but this weekend I am going to go "balls out" and let her run naked as a jaybird.

I know without a doubt that she will catch on superfast, and i'll have a potty trained 1.5 year old.


Right?

10 comments:

  1. Yep, sounds like she's ready. Haley did the same thing at 18mos. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it wrong that I hate you?

    (in a totally jealous and envious kinda way)

    xoxox,
    the mom of boy twins who are 2 1/2 & think the toilet is going to eat them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, sounds like she's completely ready! Way to go, and she is one smart little cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, I don't think you are that biased - she is super cute! Good luck with the potty training

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely right. and if not, well, she's still amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to be on Oprah. I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dammi. you must send chloe to visit Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my youngest was day potty-trained at 1.5. she still wears one at night, but wakes up dry sometimes. it's totally doable & sounds like your babydoll doesn't like the wet drawers. go for it mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! Keep up the good work! I wish my son was potty trained at that age! He is 2 1/2 and still no go.

    ReplyDelete