Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I don't even gno-me anymore



So..... I bought a garden gnome.
And I love it.

Seriously tho, ever since I saw an episode of King of the Hill where Peggy discovers this underground cult obsessed with garden gnomes, I knew I had to have one.

They are pretty much one of the MOST ridiculous things ever.

I mean. It's a gnome. And he sits in your garden. WTF

I need to find some little friends for him.

I'm thinking my next acquisition is going to be a lawn jockey.




I want to fill my garden with as many kitschy things as I can find.

But there is no way in h e double hockey sticks that I am going to put a deer in my yard.

Not yet at least.

8 comments:

  1. WE HAVE A BEER GNOME!!!!! he sits atop our kegerator and jackson calls him "santa." i love that your gnome looks like he's goin in for a big ol booger pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. You NEED this one:
    http://www.perpetualkid.com/gnome-be-gone-gnomebearers.aspx

    (I posted this one on my blog last week: http://www.perpetualkid.com/mini-flamingo-be-gone.aspx)

    Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, poor gnome. He definitely needs a pet flamingo, and maybe a visit from his cousin at travelocity. hehe <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg those gnome be gone dudes are GREAT! what other ridiculous things can we come up with?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about a goose that you dress up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I have a garden gnome (pronounced "arden ga-nome", you know, because the G is silent)

    Remember those big cutouts of the bent over old ladies? I still laugh when I see them.

    Oh, and of course pink flamingos.

    It was so awesome to meet you at BlogHer! Take care and I hope we run into each other again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in Florida, and here it's all about the pink Flamingos.

    ReplyDelete