Monday, May 10, 2010

diaper dance

I know you have all been eagerly waiting for an update on my awesome bladder and hoo ha (what? You haven't???!)
And here it is:

I thought I was doing better. I got settled into the routine of going to the bathroom at set times in the day (and when my awesome twitter friends @Avalea, @grace134, and @culturalsavage remind me "go pee!")
Then I started having pain. Again. :(
I thought it was where they stitched me up when they removed Ursula (my former uterine frenemy), so I made a same day appt with a new ObGyn.
Long story short, she found an open wound/sore, and cauterized it for me.
Another 3 wks of healing.
Wooo.

But that wasn't the end of it. I've had MORE pain in my lower abdomen, which has gotten increasingly worse over the past week. Fun, right?
The Gyn told me that the pain is coming from my bladder and urethra. Go figure.
It's getting so bad at night that I'm having trouble sleeping. And if you know me at all, you know that I already have terrible problems with insomnia. :(
Luckily I have an appt scheduled with my urologist this Thurs. I'll be getting a cystoscopy done (camera in my bladder) to check for damage from all the catheterization and balloon bursting in my bladder.
Say that 10 times fast.

I'm just tired of these problems.
I'm tired of the fact that I'm now leaking urine at the most random of times.

Yes, I am leaking. I'm hoping (I think) that I just have a bad bladder infection and a round of antibiotics will do the trick.

The sad part? Since I can't even feel my bladder, I don't have any symptoms of an infection (if that is even what it is).

Blargh.

That about sums it up!

On a brighter note, I had a fantastic mother's day with my family. My little girl is walking and talking and growing up soooo fast.
I'm so lucky to be able to spend all day every day with her.

I wouldn't trade that for anything. :)

Xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Dude. I can't believe this is still going on. I feel so bad for you. I can't even imagine dealing with this. Big HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH Mama! I know how it is to be so frustrated...and I hate this for you! I really hope they figure this out very soon.
    So glad you had a Happy Mother's Day...LUBS YA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it HAS only been 3 months. Right? That's what I keep telling myself. ;-) Things WILL get better!

    I'm just happy that everything else is good.
    Happy and healthy baby girl, wonderful boyfriend, perfect job!

    I'm a very lucky girl <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! I am so sorry all this crap is going on. I hope that they can figure out the problem and stop the pain for you right away.
    glad you had a good Mothers day. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I can't believe you're still having these problems. I REALLY hope they can find something to finally bring you some healing and relief! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete