Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Under Pressure

I'm so not in the mood to write tonight....or lately....so I'll just do a quick recap of the past few days:

1) I found out that I lost my job.

2) My catheter was continuously hurting me (think stabby bladder pain) so I googled "how to remove a Foley catheter" and did just that.

3) After anxiously awaiting the urge to pee (to see if I'd have to go to the ER to get a new cath put in), I decided to sit down and try it anyways.

4) I PEED!!!!

5) I did the happy dance.

6) Then I realized that I no longer could feel the urge to pee. At all. Ever.

7) Took the happy dance back.

8) If I am able to be ready by March 9, I can start a new job that I previously interviewed for. I would be lead teacher at a nearby preschool. And I can bring Chloe.

9) I'M REALLY TRYING TO GET BETTER. I'm really nervous I won't be ready.

10) I go to my next urology appt. this Thursday. Until then, I just have to keep going pee on a schedule, or else I have a lot of pain AFTER I go. Weird.

11) I won't even start on the pooping subject. I have never gone so much in a single day, nor have I ever had so much pain in my large intestine before.


But I AM GETTING BETTER!



*** thanks again to my family and friends for helping me through all this nonsense. Keith's parents have been amazing with Chloe, as usual, and have done so much to allow me to rest when I needed it most. thank you so much for always being there. ***

11 comments:

  1. Yay for getting better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling a bit better. Hope the urologist can figure out that whole no urge to pee thing. Keeping my fingers crossed about the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I am soo glad that you are on the mend.. I will pray you will be ready for the job... I know you will be..

    *doing happy dance with you *

    mwah luv ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sweetheart, i love you ooooodles. you are so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for getting better. Glad you are "working" so hard at it, ha ha. That job will be great and I bet you will be well enough by then! (fingers crossed) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery! Yay for new job and for bringing Clo! That's kick ass! I am doing the happy dance right along with you right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome is it that you get to bring your Chloe girl to work with you? That's pretty fantastic in my book. And the fact that you peed after personally removing your own Foley catheter??? You are a freakin superhero, dude! But seriously, it's really nice to hear you're healing and getting better. Those pics of the catheter actually had me in pain, and it was obvious you were in pain, too. I'm so happy to hear that you're progressing in the healing department. And in the poop department.... well, at least you're not constipated, right? Painful poopy is totally crappy. Wow, that was stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay sounds like good things for your future.. you look beautiful with your daughter and I'm sure things will turn out well. think positive thoughts and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got this mama, keep on trucking and getting better. That job is amazing and so are you, you will make it. It's all about the small hurdles. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you are feeling a little better. I hope the appt goes good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're getting better. I hope you're ready in time, but I you getting better is most important <3

    ReplyDelete