Monday, June 8, 2009

Here is something that I just don't understand:  people who use their children in order to gain sympathy and attention from others.  The old Munchausen By Proxy syndrome.  Ok, maybe I spelled it wrong, but I'm tired and so don't feel like looking anything up right now.


I bring this up because of the stories I have been hearing/reading lately about "parents" who ought to be taken out back and shot.  A fellow mom wrote a bit about 2 stories in her blog, one of which was the story of April Rose.  I don't know all the facts, but apparently this person claimed to be pregnant with a terminal child, but decided to have the baby anyways, if only to spend a few moments with her before her passing.  Turns out (from the evidence I have found on google), that this woman was a fraud and there never was such a child.  She had about 1000 people praying for her daily and visiting her (ad filled) blog, hanging on to her every word, in the hopes that maybe there might be a miracle and this little child would survive.  When it came time for the birth, this "mother" took pictures of a FLIPPING DOLL and posted them as if it were her child.  Yes yes, I should be proper and not drop the ef bomb, but can you believe the nerve of this woman?  Here are some facts about the whole charade.  They have a link to the pictures of this supposed child, along with pictures of the doll, side-by-side.  Disgusting. 

What the hell is wrong with people?


Another "mom" that was vying for attention....turns out that she was poisoning her child the whole time by feeding her crap.  Yes, literally...crap.  These people should be locked away for the rest of their lives.  Yes, I understand this is an illness.  That they need mental help.  Ok fine.  Let them receive this help behind bars, where they can never touch another child again.


Maybe I'm so pissed off b/c this story hits WAY too close to home.  Right now I feel completely helpless in this situation b/c of who it involves.  I have spoken with the appropriate parties and voiced my concerns over the matter, but so far, nothing has crossed the line to the point where something needed to be done about it.


But if it does, I swear to God, I am going to step in and do something about it.  I don't care if this means hatred towards me for butting my nose in where it supposedly doesn't belong.  I don't care if I completely ostracize myself from this circle.  What matters most is that a child is taken care of and kept from the hands that are harming him/her. 


 This family definitely needs help...I just don't know how to begin.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, seriously, I was kind of into this story. I ran across B's blog about a month ago, but wasn't really following it, right? then, i think late last week I ran across it again and she was way overdue. I was kind of curious what was going on today so I stared following her and ya, that's a doll. What the hell? A couple of weeks ago another blogger shut down her blog because she was accussed of starting a hate blog against this B character. So fucking strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. Were you referencing my tyrad last night? lol. I feel kinda of bad this mornnig for yelling so much last night, but it made me so angry. I have no idea what is wrong with people in the world. It just made me sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the anxiety, and I suffered from severe post partum depression, but tried to handle it "naturally". Just before my girl's 2nd birthday, things got so awful that I finally agreed with my doctor that it was time to try meds... and HOLY SHIT what a difference.

    I am more "me" than I've been in years. I know eventually we'll talk about weaning off of them, but in the meantime, I am bowing at the altar of modern medicine.

    I sleep. I SLEEP! I can be away from my kids without freaking out (well, for short periods of time. Baby steps). And I finally LAUGH.

    I just finished reading Heather Armstrong's (Dooce's) book, "It Sucked and then I Cried" and she hits the nail on the head with anxiety and PPD - seriously, a must read for anyone who has "been there".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... OMG. I don't know much about this "in real life".. so my only exposure to this has been through television. While I know that is hardly accurate, I did have a HUGE physical reaction to the stories. Made me sick to my stomach. It's disgusting. Anybody harming their children is disgusting. I agree with you, take them out back. A shot gun and a shovel, nobody will miss them.

    ReplyDelete