Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mommy's first mother's day (what? today was MY day?)

Hmmm....mother's day was not at ALL what I had hoped it might be.  I know I shouldn't complain...my little family is healthy, we both have stable jobs, and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world for having the perfect little girl.  =)



(side note - I just saw the doctor who kept my baby alive on tv - she helped a family deliver a healthy baby at 34 wks when the momma's water broke at 17 wks!)  

Ok, now I feel TOTALLY bad about complaining about my lack of a holiday.  I know we are really really tight on money recently, but the bf could have gone and found me some wildflowers at least to bring home to me!  He has been gone ALL week (while I was super sick) housesitting for a friend....spent 5-5 at work, then home until 8, when he returned back to the other house for the night.  So...I had to take care of myself AND our baby (yes, I know this is what motherhood entails) while bf was elsewhere sleeping in a cali king with a toy fox terrier.  Harrumph.  Anyways, he came home today at 11, and just left at 10.  I made dinner of cabbage and noodles (so he could take it to work for lunch), and we played a little wii together.  Kind of poopy.  =/

But again, I shouldn't complain.  He ALWAYS does SO much to make me happy.  He did rub my legs and feet, which I take for granted.  He did empty and load the dishwasher.  He did make me feel sexy even though I have yet to lose the rest of the baby weight and I have been sick for a week.  lol  Also, he constantly brings me home gifts big and small:  knee high boots I had coveted for 2 months, beautiful flowers for no reason other than to say "I love you", even my macbook, which I adore and use every day.  =)  Not only does he give me material things, but he gave me our daughter.  What more could a girl ask for?  Oh yeah...how about for the father to be an amazing dad.  



Yes, he is.  God, I am SOOOO lucky to have him.  He loves this little girl more than I ever thought he would.  She is his light, his world...and I know that he loves her more than me...and that's ok....because she is pure and perfect and beautiful.  I come in a damn close second, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  When he comes home from work, he tells her how much he missed her, and only he can make her smile the "biggest smiles."  



She is SUCH a daddy's girl and I love it that she is.  =)

So yes, I guess I can say that today was a wonderful mother's day.  I finally feel better after having been sick for a week, and I got to spend the day at home with my family....and there is no place that I would rather be...especially with my baby girl.






No comments:

Post a Comment